Pages

Saturday 7 May 2016

Have you played bingo before?

Do you play bingo?
On ANZAC day, my dad, sister and I went to my Aunt’s house to play bingo for a fundraising. We traveled there in my dad’s big, grey van. It took us 40 minutes to get there because my aunt’s house was very far away from my house.


When we arrived at our destination, my sister and I were told to take the food to the table outside where the adults were playing. When we finished taking the food to the table my sister and I decided to go and look after the little babies. I looked after my adorable and funny baby nephew, Sefo.


While the adults were playing bingo my cousins and I went to the sleep out to play games. We played games like tag, hide and seek and hand games. It was so much fun and I started to get tired after a while of playing a lot of games.


Next we all had to eat food. We ate chop suey, rice and delicious curry. The food was scrumptious. My favourite food was the rice and the hot, steaming chop suey, We drank lemonade to quench our thirsts. It was very cold and refreshing.


Meanwhile, the adults went back to playing their game of bingo and my cousins and I decided to play tag. I was ‘it’ and I had to try and tag a runner. I decided to go after my youngest cousin since she was easier to get. Everyone was so exhausted, so we went inside and had a long, peaceful, rest and relaxation.


Finally, it was time to go home. We had a rest and slept soundly through the night.


I had so much fun at my aunt’s house and my favourite part was playing tag with my cousins because I like running around.
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the language features of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use sequencing words and past tense to write about my aunt's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.