Pages

Tuesday 9 May 2017

I can't wait to work on my new wood project!

It was a really cold and windy day when the Year 7 students from Room 8 went to Mr. Nair's class.
Feeling very anxious and nervous I walked into the room and immediately I could smell wood and craftworks. The room was filled with tables that looked as if they were splattered with paint. I chose to sit at the back with my loyal friend, Mana.


Image result for Wood TechOur teacher's name is Mr. Nair and he kindly introduced himself and went straight to asking us questions about Technology and how it impacts on our lives. It was nerve-wracking for me and I felt only a tiny bit of confidence. The first question he asked was, "What is Technology?" Everyone was stone-faced and very quiet. We answered and said the Technology involves Laptops, Computers, and Electricity.


Afterward, we started a discussion about what we were going to work on for the next 9 weeks of Technicraft. Mr. Nair said that we were going to make wood cartoon characters of our choice but we will be adding screws to it so that it is able to move around. I was so excited and couldn't think about which cartoon character to choose, there were so many characters in my head, Batman, Sponge Bob, Wonder Woman and so much more.

Finally, it was time to go back to school. I enjoyed my time at Technicraft and I am really looking forward to my next Materials Tech.
WALHT: recall my day at Technicraft ensuring I add detail to my main ideas and use a range of topic and sophisticated vocabulary to maintain audience interest.

2 comments:

  1. kia ora Rosary my name is Scarlett I am a year 8 at st Patricks school I really like the detail in your recount but next time get someone to read it and make sure that the spelling is correct. I also do wood work and the year 8 are making lap desks.

    Blog ya later Scarlett

    P.S click the link at the top to go to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scarlet,
    Thank you for the feedback, I found it really cool that we are both doing wood work, good luck on making your lap desks. I will check out your blog and maybe even comment on your work. I look forward to seeing it, see you later.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.