Pages

Sunday 29 May 2016

I hope that our compost will decompose quickly!

On a wet afternoon, Room 7 decided to make compost. We used a fish tank as our compost bin. We put greens and browns into the fish tank. Greens are things like vegetable/fruit scraps and grass clippings. Browns are things like torn up newspaper, twigs and brown leaves.


We were all in different groups. There was the fruit and vegetable scrap group, the newspaper group, twigs group and the brown leaves group. I was in the newspaper group so I had to rip up clean newspapers into tiny little pieces and put them into the tank with the other scraps. The other groups had to go and look for twigs and brown leaves.


When all the groups finished putting their scraps into the tank, we all took a turn tossing the heap with a fork. It was as if we were tossing a salad for dinner!

I had so much fun making compost and I hope that our mixture of different scraps will decompose quickly.
Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I explain details of Room 7 making compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.