Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

Yay, now I know how to defend my opponent!

Netball recount
On a sunny Friday, Room 7 went to the top court to play Netball for Kiwisport. Our coach Tina came with her friend Christine.

First we warmed up by jogging up and down the court. Tina told us that it wasn’t a race so everyone took their time jogging across the court.

Then we learnt how to do the crab. We had to jog to the left, then to right. The crab move helps us when we are defending our opponents in Netball.

Next we all lined up in two lines. Mana was my partner and we took turns defending each other using the crab move. It was hard for me to defend her from getting the ball because Mana was good at dodging. When it was Mana’s turn to try and defend me, I ran as fast as I could from one side to another. It was very tiring.

After a while, we had to go back to class. I felt sad because I really wanted to keep learning new Netball skills. I had so much fun at my third Netball session and my favourite part was when I was defending my partner using the crab move.
Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write a recount about the skills that I have learnt in Netball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.