Pages

Friday 27 May 2016

I can't believe my snail is unable to stand!

My Fourth Session of Art
It was a wet Thursday when Siliga and Salome came to our class for another exciting art session. First Salome showed us a picture of an environmentally friendly lizard sculpture, made out of recycled materials.


After we took a close look at the pictures,  we went off to complete our insect sculptures that we started from the previous session. We had different types of recyclable materials piled up on the ground such as plastic bottles, bowls, ice cream containers, paper plates and cardboard.  We had help from Miss Chao, Siliga and Salome, who took care of using all the dangerous tools such as the utility knife and the hot glue guns.

My insect was a snail and its body was made out of a medium sized bottle with the top part of the lid cut off. Its shell was made out of two bowls stuck together with hot glue. When I finally got the two parts cut, I asked Siliga to glue them together for me. He said that it was going to be a bit tricky but we gave it a go and the glue worked and dried perfectly. My snail was great but the only flaw was that it couldn’t stand on its own so that is the next step for me to work on.  

Unfortunately it was soon time to pack up, everyone was having fun and we all zoomed quickly around the class to clean everything up. We cleaned up the class as fast as we could. To end the day, we said our traditional hometime prayer and went on our way.

Building our insect sculptures was fun and hopefully we can add some colour to our sculptures to brighten it up next time.
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I do this when I use adverbs and adjectives in my recount to describe what I did in my art session with Salome and Siliga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.