Pages

Monday 23 May 2016

Mmm, those chips were delicious!

On Saturday the 14th of May, my mum, dad, sister and I decided to go to the shops to eat some scrumptious food. We went to Otara in my mum’s big silver, Toyota Land Cruiser. It took about 40 minutes to get there because there so much traffic on the road.

When we arrived there, we found a parking and then hopped out of the car quickly. While we were walking around Otara we saw all sorts of stores like bakeries, fish shops, dairies, vege markets and so much more. We decided to buy our food at a Chicken & Chips store. I ordered a chicken kebab and golden crispy, potato chips with tomato sauce on top. We also bought things for my brothers who were at home so they would not feel left out.  The food was amazing but the chips were the best out of all the things I ordered. We bought some juice to quench our thirst and it was refreshing!

Afterward, we decided to go to Martha’s backyard to have a look around and maybe buy something. Martha’s backyard is a store in Mt. Wellington with all sorts of American products. There was a ton of things that I saw in the store. There was Pop Tarts, Reese's, Cheetos, Bean Boozled, toxic waste(sour candies) and more. We decided to buy different flavoured Cheetos and we bought the really hot and spicy flavour, the big cheese puffs and the small cheese puffs. We also decided to save some for my brothers because we knew that they would really like it. We also bought a game called, “Bean Boozled”. Bean Boozled is a very fun game to play with your siblings or friends. The game is that there are 100 jelly beans and there are ten different coloured jelly beans. One of them is good or bad but the tricky part is that they look the same. There is a spinner that tells you which jellybean to eat.

Finally it was time to go home. As soon as we’re home we played Bean Boozled. I played with my brother and my sister. The worst flavoured bean was the black one and it was either skunk spray or licorice. Unfortunately, I got skunk spray and it was disgusting!  My favourite bean was tutti frutti because it tasted like the hubba bubba bubblegum.

I had so much fun hanging out with my family and my favourite part was playing bean boozled with my brother and sister.  
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives, verbs and adverbs to describe my day in Otara.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.