Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

We need to go to church now, are you ready?

On the 23rd of August 2015 my family and I went to church to pray and sing to the Lord like every Sunday. We went there by car and I was very excited about going to church. 

As we were getting changed my dad kept asking us, "Are you ready yet?" Before long we were all ready to go and we were off to church. When we arrived outside the church, we told my mum and my brothers to go inside while my dad, sister and I go find a car-park that is close to the church building. After we found a car park, we walked to church. When we went inside, we looked for our family, soon we found them. First, we knelt down and said our prayers. I prayed for the poor, the sick and also for my family so that they can be happy. Then I said the Hail Mary prayer and Our Father. Then the introduction started and it was welcoming us to the twenty-second Sunday pf ordinary time followed by an entrance hymn. 

Image result for churchAfter mass started, Father went to the altar and said Good Morning to all of us and the rest of the Congregation. He also called up the children's liturgy. After a while a man from the congregation read the first reading from Joshua. The story was about God, his love for us and the Eucharist. The responsorial psalm was "Taste and see the goodness of God" Meanwhile the second reading was read by a lady. The story was about husbands respecting their wives and treating them like women. Father read the Gospel. It was about Jesus and his disciples talking about the bread from heaven that was sent by God. Father talked about the second reading. He said that all husbands should not treat their wives like slaves, servants or chefs because once you get married you become one body. 

After the Gospel reading we said the profession of our faith and I was thrilled because then it was time to say a prayer off by heart. Then the nice lady with a warm smile said the prayers of the faithful. She prayed for the poor, the sick and the people who are struggling in life. Next, Father blessed and broke the bread and the wine. Then it was time to go up and receive the bread and the wine. Then we said our personal prayers. When mass was about to end, we said the Adsumus prayer. "We are here before you, Holy Spirit!", we all said the prayer not only with our mouths but with our heart . I had butterflies in my stomach because I didn't want to say the wrong thing and mess up the prayer. After that church ended and we all went home. 

My family and I were all starving so we went to get something to eat from the shops. We ate pancakes and drinks. Then we went home to have a rest and reflect on what we have learnt from church. 

I had a splendid time at church. We sang, praised, prayed and worshiped God. It was wonderful. I felt like God was with me the whole time. I hope next time we go to church, we can spend even more time with God and have more songs to sing. 

We are learning to understand and use language features in my writing. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use past tense and appropriate time words in my writing correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.