Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

Ughh, this mountain is so hard to climb!

On the 3rd of August my cousin from Wellington came over to our house and we went to Mt. Wellington with my dad and sister. We traveled there in the car. 

When we finally arrived at Mount Wellington, we walked up the hill. It was so tiring and long but we still made it up the narrow pathway. My cousin and I were staring at the gigantic and beautiful view while my sister was running up the long mountain. We kept on walking the whole way without stopping and sometimes I would even give my cousin a boost. She felt heavy but she's actually skinny.

Image result for MountainEventually we made it up the mountain but then my dad told us to run up the steep staircase that was extremely rocky. I ran fast as I could and it was exhausting for all of us. Next my cousin and I had a race up the mountain and we had a draw. While we were walking back to the car, my dad spotted a rope that was hanging on a tree and it had a huge hole at the bottom of it. My dad went on it and started swinging on it. We thought it was really funny so we started laughing. 

After a while, it was time to go home and when we were driving down the hill, we saw some cows. The cows were enormous and so they were mooing loudly . When the cow said, "Moo" we would repeat what it would say like we were having a conversation  with the lovely cows. We also took some photos with the cows and they were perfect shots. The photo had three of us and 3 of the cows in it. 

When we arrived back home, we all had a rest . I was exhausted and so were the others. We all had a great, sweaty day. We all drank lots of water to cool us down. 

I had so much fun with our visitor, my sister and my dad. I loved every single moment of that day and I hope my cousin will visit us again soon. 

WALT: understand and use language features.
Success criteria: I know that I can do this when I use appropriate time words and past tense correctly in my writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.