Pages

Thursday 20 August 2015

A draw is better than losing!

On the 12th of July we went to the Tamaki Recreation Center to play our third game of basketball. Launoa, Siu, R.J, Rhonda, Dhon, Shannon and Glen are all on my team. We all traveled in our own cars and some people car pooled together.


When my dad and I entered the gym, we found that the majority of people there were sitting rather than standing. I quickly got changed into my P.E gear. I started to feel butterflies build up in my stomach because the lights mysteriously turned off on its own.


Then we went onto the courts to warm up with our very talented coaches. Shawn and Nicola are both really good at shooting and dribbling.


The first warm up was to dribble the basketball 3 times on each hand, while our partners try to get it off us. Our second warm up was to line up in 3 lines. Either i
n the front,left or right of the hoop. The aim was to get the ball into the hoop then rotate to the next line. It was like our reading rotations that we have in Room 7 where we move to the next activity.


Finally it was time to play our  game against Pt England School.When the game started we ran everywhere around the court defending. We were leading in the first half of our game. We ran, jogged, walked and stopped during our game.I was tired so Rhonda and I substituted with Shannon and Launoa. We cheered and clapped for both teams. St Patrick's school played like professional players, so I watched the game as if I were a Eagle eyeing its prey. I felt as if they had tricks up there selves and I wanted in on it.


After half time, I noticed that Pt. England was catching up. Miss Chao put me on court for the last half. I was hoping that that we could win the game. I tried my best to help out my team. The game ended with a draw, but I was still proud of my team.
Slowly people to leave the gym while other schools entered.

I had so much fun and I could not wait for the next game. I knew that with more training, I’m sure that next time we can win.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate verbs and adjectives in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.