Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Wow, this house is huge!

On the 9th of April my family went to visit my cousin’s new 3 bedroom house. We went there in my mum’s big, silver 8 seater car. My cousin’s house was in Pakuranga and I was so eager to see my cousin’s new house. My aunties, uncles and cousins all went to see the new house.



When we all arrived at the house, it looked so beautiful from the outside because there was so many colourful flowers and the grass was cut very nicely. When we walked into the house the kitchen was so big and it had a whiteboard on the wall for reminders. My sister and I wrote, “Welcome to your new home!”  We both signed our names on it. I went to the bathroom and the mirror had small bright light bulbs all around the frame. I felt like I was someone in the movies getting ready for a special event. My sister and cousins and I took photos with her phone.


Next I went to look in the bedrooms. The first bedroom was small but it had a huge cupboard in it to store for storing hanging clothes and jackets. I went to the second room and it was a bit bigger than the other room. It also had a cupboard as well and it was enormous. The last room was huge, it had two huge cupboards and it had so many windows with colorful, fabric curtains.


After a while all the adults gathered in the front to talk about my cousin’s 21st birthday. The children’s jobs were to keep my cousin away from the living room and make sure that she doesn’t hear what the adults are planning for her special birthday party in May. While we were in the room we took photos and looked at the photos that we took a long time ago in Hastings. We played hand games like “O pillar caterpillar” and “Slime yuck yuck”. I kept on mucking up the game in ‘Slime yuk yuk’ because the speed of the game was too fast for me to keep up with my sister. It was really fun playing games with my cousins and my sister.


Later on, when the adults had finished talking headed back home. We dropped off my other cousin and my aunty at their house too. While we were going back home we decided to stop at Pizza hut to get some pizza for us to eat some pizzas. We also had juice to quench our thirst. When we arrived at home we ate the spectacular pizza and we drank the apple juice that was delicious.

I had so much fun at my cousin’s new home and the pizza was delicious. My favourite part was playing with my cousins because it was a lot of fun playing hand games with them.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the correct language features in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write about my nephew's first birthday using past tense and appropriate sequencing words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.