Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Mmm, this candy is delicious!

On the 3rd of April my family and I went to my Aunt’s house to celebrate my nephew’s first birthday. We went there in my dad’s big, grey van. We arrived there at 2:00pm and it took us around 57 minutes to get there because my aunt’s house is very far away from our place.

Next, we went to go eat some food. The kids had happy meals from McDonald and the adults had a barbecue with pork and other delicious food. I had to look after my nephews while they were eating because the adults were very busy. My cousin, Abigail and I had am happy meal each and we ate delicious fries, chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers. I had a cheeseburger with a smooth, golden bun that had a well cooked patty with melted cheese and green dill pickles. My cousin had chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. The food was spectacular.

Image result for birthday partyAfter we had digested, we decided to go and play outside. We played with a red round ball and we played passes with the ball. We passed the ball back and forth until we got bored, then we went inside to watch a movie. We watched the Lego Movie that was on channel 2. The movie was about a boy named Emmett and a girl named Wyldstyle that were trying to stop President Business from destroying Lego city. Fortunately Emmett and Wyldstyle saved the city and the residents in it.

After a while my cousin, my sister and I went to go and get some candy and dessert. We went  to the table that had candies and the chocolate. There were pots of candies and marshmallows and my faviroute part was the chocolate fountain. The chocolate would drip down the stands slowly just like something from the movies. The candy was delicious but it made me feel sick afterwards because I think I had too much.

After finishing all the sweets, it was finally time to go back home. My cousin wanted a sleepover at my house so I asked my parents and they said, “YES!”. My cousin was so happy because he had always wanted to come over to our house.  

I had so much fun at my aunt’s house celebrating my nephew’s birthday, my favourite part was eating the candy and dipping marshmallows into the chocolate fountain!
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the correct language features in our recount. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write about my nephew's first birthday using past tense and appropriate sequencing words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.