Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Rippa Rugby is so fun!

On Friday the 8th of April, Room 7 went to the big, green field to play Rippa Rugby for Kiwisport. When we arrived on the field, coach Hamish told us to put on the velcro belts and go into two teams. 

We were in teams of 6 to 7 people. I was in the green team with Christian, Caleb, Lupe, Mana, Xavier and Akesa. We played a quick warm-up game. I almost scored a try but someone from the other team ripped one of my rippas off my belt so I had to pass the ball to someone else in my team. I was sad but I knew that I tried my best to score a try for my team. 

Next our team had to practice passing the ball to each other. We formed a big circle and we had to pass the ball quickly. After a while, we played the same game again except it had different rules. The rules were that if your tag gets pulled off your belt, then you have to pass it backwards to another team-mate. When we played our second game of Rippa Rugby, I finally scored a try and I was so proud of myself!


I had so much fun at my second lesson of Rippa Rugby and my favourite part was scoring a try for my team and knowing that I tried my best in the game.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount and write an introduction, followed by the activities and then a conclusion of my second Rippa Rugby session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.