Pages

Monday 29 August 2016

Mmm, that chicken kebab was scrumptious!

During the weekends, my mum, dad, sister and I went to Otara to go to the doctors so that I could finally remove the cast off my arm. We went there in my mum's big silver car. I was super excited to take my cast off because I had been wearing it for a long time.

When we arrived at the clinic, my mum and I went inside while my dad and my sister drove around the area looking for somewhere to park. My mum and I went to the nurse's room to take off my blue fibreglass cast. The nurse used a special circular mini saw to cut my cast open. I had butterflies in my stomach because I was scared that the nurse might accidentally cut me. Finally my cast came off but my arm felt really stiff. We washed my arm with soap and clean water because it hadn't been washed for a while.
Image result for doctors

Next, we went to another room to take an x-ray to see if my arm had healed. We went into a small room and I had to place my hand on a black screen while the camera took a picture of my wrist.

Soon after that, I had a conference with the doctor and my parents and he said that my arm had healed and is a lot better. Unfortunately he said that I'm not allowed to play any sports for at least two more months because it is still fragile.
Image result for kebab on a stick clipartThen we went to the shops in Otara to find some food to eat. We went to a kebab stand and I bought a chicken kebab for $2. It was tender and delicious. We also bought a 1.5L bottle of Mountain Dew to quench our thirst. It was cold and very refreshing.

Finally, we went back home. When I got home, I went to sleep because I was exhausted from a long day. I had an exciting day on Saturday. My favourite part was taking off my cast because I've been wearing my cast for at least a month and it really annoyed me.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use the descriptive language.

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my visit to the doctors in Otara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.