Pages

Sunday 7 August 2016

Mmm, the donuts are delicious!

After church, we felt hungry so we drove around Lunn Avenue to see if we can find a place where we could have some food. We decided to stop at Dunkin Donuts for some donuts. We were in my mum's big, silver car and I couldn't wait to eat the donuts because we don't eat them very often.

When we arrived at Dunkin Donuts, we each picked out two flavours. I chose the custard flavour and the donut with a strawberry filling. The donuts were both soft, sweet and scrumptious.

Image result for sport shoesAfter we were refuelled, we went to a nearby sports shop that had a massive sale sign outside the doors. My dad told me to look for something for me to buy. I looked around the store and there were a lot of things like sport T-shirts, pants and shoes. They were all amazing but they were very expensive so I decided to look for a pair of Nike sport shoes that were on sale. I needed new shoes because my current pair are too small and they were starting to fall apart. After a while, I found some pink and grey Nike shoes that I wanted to buy but they did not have my size. Finally my brother and I came across a pair of blue and grey Nike and they had my shoe size so we decided to buy it.

Next, we went to my cousin's house in Pakuranga for a family lunch while my dad went to work. When we arrived at my cousin's house, we ate chicken and chips. It was delicious!

Ten minutes later, we decided to play some games because we felt bored. We played a game called Bus stop. This is a game when we pick different categories, for example, countries, names, singers and actors. After that, someone chooses a letter and we have to write down a word that starts with the chosen letter and is related to the categories that are chosen.  The person who can fill in every category with a word first has to say, "Bus stop!" After that, we checked other people's answers to make sure that they are correct. If someone has the same answer as another person, then they get five points and if they have a unique answer from everyone else they get ten points. It was a really fun game to play as a family.

Eventually we had to go home. I was exhausted so I went to bed straight away. I had so much fun spending time with my family and my favourite part was buying my new pair of shoes.
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use appropriate language features in our writing.

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write in the past tense and use time words to sequence my time with my family on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.