Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Mmm, I love eating bacon and egg pies!

It was a cold and rainy day on Saturday the 25th of June, my mum and I decided to go to my brother's rugby game at Sacred Heart College. We got up very early feeling very cold but luckily my dad started a warm and cozy fire to warm us up. I was so excited about watching my older brother's rugby game.


When we arrived at the school, my brother told my mum and I that there was no game because there weren't enough players for his team. We felt sad but my brother said he would ask the coach to see if he could play for another team. The coach said yes but we had to wait a little while so we went to the bakery to buy something to eat. We had chicken kebab which were only $3 each. The kebab was juicy and tender.


After a while, we went back to school and the game was about to start so my mum and I found a place to sit down. My mum and I found a spot under a tree where the rain wouldn't pour down on us. My brother didn't play for the first half so he came over to where my mum and I were and we watched the game quietly.


While the game was being played, I decided to go and look at the bright, colourful trees above us. The trees were filled with beautiful pink flowers. They had a long green stem with yellow speckles on the petals so I decided to pick one out for my mum. She was very happy when I gave her the flower.


Soon the rain began to pour down and it began to get colder and colder. All of a sudden, my dad came to us. He had come back from my other brother's game at Mt. Albert. My mum didn't want me to get sick so she told me to go back to the car where my other siblings were. I ran carefully back to the car and I had butterflies in my stomach because I did not want to slip on the wet and muddy grass. As soon as I made it to the car, I jumped in and tried to keep myself warm by cuddling myself. My sister gave me a warm bacon and egg pie for me to munch on.The pie was so delicious and the egg was very well cooked. I really enjoyed eating the delicious pie!


Finally, the game ended and the rain was starting to slow down so we all walked down to where my mum was. However, it started to pour down again so we quickly went back to the cars and turned on the heaters.


Eventually, we went back home and we were all so tired and cold. We had a rest and sat next to the fire trying to warm ourselves up. It was not fun at my brother's rugby game because the weather wasn't the best. However I did enjoy eating the delicious bacon and egg pie. We will need to make sure that we bring an umbrella or bring warmer clothes next time on a rainy wet day.
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use adverbs and adjectives in my recount to describe my brother's rugby game on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.