Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Thank you mum for the delicious kebabs!


Dunkirk field
It was a bright sunny, afternoon when my siblings and my mum decided to go to the Dunkirk field to build up our fitness. We all rushed around the house getting our sports gear organised.  We travelled in my mum's big, silver Toyota Land Cruiser to go the field and I was extremely pumped and ready for our run.

When we arrived at the field, my siblings and I decided to do some warm-ups to stretch out our muscles so that we were not sore afterwards. I stretched my arms, legs and neck for about ten minutes before I ran the field.

I decided to jog the whole rugby field five times without stopping while my brothers sprinted around the field. I jogged slowly at first so that I could sustain my energy for longer, but after the third lap I started sprinting. The grass was so slippery that I had butterflies in my stomach because I had to be careful not to slip and fall.

Finally, when I had finished jogging around the field five times, I went to my mum in the car and she told me to sprint the whole field again. I said, "Yes!" and did what she told me to do. My sister decided to run with me and when we were running, I couldn't catch up with her because she was running as fast as a jaguar. We all ended up finishing our runs at the same time so we went back to the car together.

When we got home, we were all so exhausted. We refuelled our bodies with my mum's delicious kebabs and vegetable samosas. The food was delightful and we had orange juice to quench our thirst.

I had so much fun on the field and my favourite part was running around the field because I was building up my fitness.
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use similes and metaphors to describe my day at the Dunkirk field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.