Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

Have you been to Martha's backyard?

On Saturday, my family decided to go to my brother's game at Sacred Heart College then went shopping at the Harvey Norman Centre, Mt. Wellington. I was so keen to watch my brother's game and also very excited to go shopping.  It's going be a day full of fun!

When we arrived at Sacred Heart College, we found a parking that was close to the field where my brother was playing on. We brought folding chairs for us to sit on while watching my brother play his game. When we got to the field, we realised that the game had already started so we quickly put out our chairs and watched my brother's game.


After a while, my other brother, my sister and I decided to play passes with the rugby ball on the side of the field. We passed the ball quickly to each other. The ball kept slipping out of my hands because it was wet and slippery! Next we ran around the other field that was empty. My brother was sprinting and I couldn't catch up with him because I was already exhausted!

Then we went back to watching my brother's rugby game. My brother's team was getting a lot of tries and it was so cool watching my brother work so hard as a rugby team player. Finally the game had finished and my brother's team won, 36 - 14! We were all so proud of him because his team also won in the previous rugby game.

After the game, we all felt hungry so we went to Mcdonald's to eat soft serve ice cream cones with chocolate flakes. The ice cream was vanilla-flavoured and it was so cold and refreshing. The cone was crunchy and so was the chocolate flake. They were only a dollar each! I was savouring the delicious flavour of my ice cream when suddenly my older brother tried to snatch it off me. I got very annoyed!  

Later on, we proceeded to the Harvey Norman shopping centre in Mt. Wellington that was right next to Mc Donald's. We went to Rebel Sport to get some clothes for my older brother. He got Adidas shorts and Nike shirts. He bought two, one for him and one for my other brother. It was so nice of him to give my other brother a t-shirt and a pair of Adidas shorts.

Next, we went to Martha's Backyard to buy some snacks. Martha's Backyard is a shop that sells american products.  We bought Reese's pieces and Star burst lollies. The starburst lollies had different flavours like, pina colada, strawberry and kiwi. It was chewy and so sweet. The Reese's pieces were small peanut butter cups covered in chocolate. It was crunchy and delightful.

Eventually, we went home and I was knackered so I decided to take a nap on my comfy bed. I had so much fun spending time with my family and my favourite part was going to Martha's Backyard to buy some American treats.
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the language features of a recount.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use time words and maintain the past tense throughout my recount about my weekend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.