Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

What a beautiful view!

We are learning to understand and use language features in my recount.

I know I can do this when I use time words and past tense in my writing.

Image result for mt wellingtonOn the 24th of October my mum, brothers , sisters and I went to Mt. Wellington, I was so excited to go up the mountain.

When we arrived on the mountain, my brothers, sisters and I climbed up the mountain. The hill were so steep that we could barely walk. We had to use our hands to get past the very steep part.


Once we reached the top of the mountain we were panting like dogs because we used up a lot of energy going up the mountain so we were exhausted. We were standing at the top in silence when my brother decided to go down to the crater. My sister and I decided to stay and watch the beautiful view of the sun setting across the horizon.


After a little while, we walked to the summit quickly but carefully because the hills were extremely rocky. We all felt the wind blowing on our faces and we had chills. Once we go to the summit we played around like headless chickens. I also had butterflies in my tummy because I thought I was going to fall off the edge of the mountain.

 After a while, we jogged carefully back to the car because it was getting dark. My brother and I walked very quickly. While we were walking we played I spy... I said, "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'c'!" My brother gave me the correct answer and said, "cars"

 Once we got in the car, my mum drove us to Carl's Jr to have some $5 fish and chips (it was yummy and cheap). The food was fantastic. 

Soon after we had our meal, we all went home feeling exhausted and full, I decided to watch some T.V for relaxation. We watched the Laughing Samoans. It was hilarious because they danced in a silly way. 


I had so much fun on Mt. Wellington. My favourite part was climbing up the steep mountain and eating the delicious food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.