Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Yay! I'm going to Mt. Albert again!

On the 20th of June we went to Mt. Albert gymnasium with my parents and my siblings by car. We went there to have some fun together.

When we first arrived my aunt, uncle, cousins and niece were all there.We started playing basketball straight away. After a while, my cousin asked me to help her find her contact lenses. We looked everywhere but it was extremely hard to find because it was dark and the contact lenses are very tiny. However when we went back to their car , we found it stuck on the door.

Next we had another problem. My cousin had lost 40 dollars, but luckily my cousin and I spotted it under the car. Fortunately it was under the car otherwise it would have been blown away for it was very windy. I went back to play some more. I played master with my cousin and we played for a long time. Then we played hand-ball and it was really fun.

After a while, my sister taught my cousin and I some basic skills about netball. She taught us how to pass and catch the ball. Next we had a game of netball. I got two goals in the hoop. It was very hard because it was very high up, tall as the tallest man in the world. My sister is really at playing netball. She was playing as if she were playing all her life. Sometimes I would get butterflies in my stomach as the  the ball comes towards me as if it was going to hit me! Whenever I am not participating my sister looks at me and it looks like as if she was saying "Pull your socks up!"

Finally it was time to go . We went to MacDonald's for some dessert. We had soft-serve ice cream and some frozen coke. Then we went home.

I had so much fun! I hope next time we can go to Mt. Albert and spend  more time together  as a family.
We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use similes and metaphors in my writing to make it more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.