Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

How many times have you been to the Mt. Albert gymnasium?

On thee 25th of July my dad, sister and I went to Mt. Albert grammar gymnasium to play some games and have some fun. We went to the gymnasium in the car. My aunt, uncle, cousins, niece and nephew were at the gymnasium. I could not wait to go and play lot's of games.

When we arrived to the gymnasium after an enduring ride with lot's of traffic jams. First we said, "Hello!"  to everyone, then we rushed to the basketball court to play some hoops. The hoop was incredibly high up. I was really awful at aiming for the hoop that even my girlish niece was way superior than me. Sometimes I would grab the ball just to prove that I am good at playing hoops. I shot only once or twice while everyone else were getting their shots in at least several of times.

My niece, cousins, sister and I finally recommended having a rest because we were absolutely exhausted. We cooled down at the corner of the gymnasium and we watched the adults play volleyball while we listened to some music. A the music was playing we danced and people looked at us awkradly. The babies kept on rushing us dancing, they were so cute and dainty. Next we decided to play continuous line ta. We were running and sprinting all around the gymnasium. I was so awesome. I would always be the tagger and it was so hard to try not to be in.

After a while we played a game called day and night.  We were so tired and yet we carried on playing. I loved being in for the first time in ever. It was so fun but at the same time it was hard because we had to be blind-folded and we kept running into each-other. I was pretty positive that I was good at this game so this turned out to be a good game. We were having lots and lots of fun. After that we had to go home and it was another long drive home again.

I had so much fun at the gymnasium. I hope next time we go to the gymnasium we can play day and night again because it was my favorite game. I also had a pleasant and mysteriously time with my family. I thought I would be good at shooting hoops but I was not.
WALT: understand and use descriptive language in my writing.
Success criteria: I know this when I use appropriate verbs, adverbs and adjectives to describe the events in my recount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.