Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Mmm, I love barbecues!

On the 15th of December, my family and I decided to have a barbecue at my Grandma's house. We went there in the car and I was really excited to eat the yummy food with my family.

When we arrived at my grandma's house we started cooking. We made potato salad and vegetable salad. I peeled the fresh brown potatoes with my dad and aunt, it was very boring because it was the same movement over and over again.

After that my mum and I had to wait for the food to cook in the oven. We played with a deck of cards so that we won't get bored while waiting for the food. My mum and I played speed. It was really fun. The aim of the game is to get rid of all your cards and then say "Speed!" It was really hard to teach my mum the rules of the game.

After a while, when the food was ready and out of the oven, my brothers and sister and I went outside to play touch and it was extremely fun and tiring at the same time because my brothers were to compete because they are professional touch rugby athletes at their school.

Image result for barbecue clipartThen we went to enjoy the food we had prepared for the family. The food was phenomenal. We had different types of food like chicken, sausage, patties, potato salad and vegetables. Mmmmm! We also has sauce as a dip for the food.

When we all finished eating the adults were having a meeting so the kids and to keep quiet and look after the little ones. We played tag and we tried hard not to scream like little kids. When the sun started to fade, my sister and I looked through a book full of word finds. We had a challenge to see who will complete their word find first.

Soon after a few hours my whole family went to the sitting room to watch the Joseph Parker fight. The game was starting and everyone was screaming and shouting to the t.v. I was laughing at the way they were fighting.

Finally we had to go home and have a rest because it 12:00am already and I was exhausted.

I had so much fun at my grandma's house and my favorite part was eating the yummy food.
We are learning to write a recount using the correct language features.
I know I can do this when I use sequencing words and time words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.