Pages

Friday 24 April 2015

How did you celebrate Easter?

Did you celebrate Easter? On Easter my family and I went to Glen-brae school hall in the car.We went there to celebrate Easter. I was so excited.

When we arrived, the hall was decorated with black and white balloons and it had a picture of Jesus hanging on the wall on top of the stage. It was really big. There were also a lot of people at the hall. We watched performances and plays in the hall. They were wearing Samoan clothes that had patterns on it. They were many different colours. They were singing and dancing graciously on the stage. The music was so intriguing that even the people outside came inside to join in. I was really amazed by the performances.

After a while we went outside to play on the park. We played with 2 hoola- hoops to entertain my nephew who was only one. Then we went and played hopscotch on the concrete. When I was on the park, I had butterflies in my stomach because I felt like I was going to fall off the top of the climbing poles. We were huffing and puffing as if we were breathing the last breath of oxygen.   

When we finished playing, we went inside to get something to eat and a drink. when we were inside we watched more performances. We watched a play about Jesus dying on the cross. People were crying as if the saddest thing in their life happened. Jesus got whipped a lot of times in the play. Mary was wearing a white hood, a blue dress and a white wool cloth around her.

Image result for easterLater everybody ate some food. We ate pizza, chicken and other delicious food. We had a great time at Glen-brae hall. I was so full. Then we went to sit outside to get some fresh air. After that I started to play tag with some of my cousins. It was really fun. Some of my cousins were running as slow as  a sloth. We went back home by the time it was dark.

I had so much fun. It was a wonderful day. I hope I have another fantastic holiday next time.

WALT:  use appropriate descriptive language in my writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use similes and metaphors in my writing.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.