Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Mmm, salted caramel flavoured ice cream is delicious!

Brainstorm:
Screenshot 2016-11-15 at 9.53.18 AM.png
Have you ever celebrated your uncle's birthday with him?
On November the 13th my parents, siblings and I went to my aunt's house to celebrate my uncle's 45th birthday. We went there in my mum's car. It was a sunny and cloudy day and I was really excited to celebrate my uncle's birthday with my family.

When we got there, I said Hello to everyone and then I went to the garage to help my aunty. My aunty was using her garage as a school for my cousin's young toddlers. My aunty and my cousins replaced the floor with carpet and painted the walls with words and letters. I helped her place all the children's book on a bookshelf. My sister arranged the tables with colourful chairs around it. The place looked better after we cleaned it up.

When we finished cleaning up , we had chicken drumsticks, fried rice, sweet and sour, taro  for dinner and some cold refreshing Pepsi to quench our thirst. The food was delicious and my favourite part of the meal was the soft tender chicken drumsticks.
After we we have digested our food, I helped my sister and my cousin wash the dishes. It was very boring and hard to do because I was really nervous about dropping the dishes as they were very slippery.
Image result for carrot cake
Later on, when we finished washing the dishes, we went to the living room to watch  the slideshows of old family photos and video clips. While we were watching the slideshows. I started reminiscing about the past.

Soon, it was time for my uncle to blow out his birthday candles and serve the dessert. Then we sang the "Happy Birthday" happily and said, "Hip Hip Hooray!" Then we had dessert. My sister and I served the ice cream to the adults first and then the children. We had, salted caramel, strawberry ripple, cappuccino coffee and groovy gumdrops flavoured ice-cream. We also had some delicious carrot cake. Finally, when the adults were all served my sister and I could eat the ice cream. I had the salted caramel flavoured ice-cream and it was marvelous because it had a perfect ratio of sweetness and saltiness in the ice cream.

Eventually, we had to go home. I had an awesome day at my aunt's house. My favourite part was watching the old family slideshows because it gave us so many special memories.
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives to describe my uncle's 45th birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.